Consent and information collection and use
Personal data we collect from children in our website network:
- First name
- Date of Birth
- Display name ( Username )
- Parent email address to send notice and seek consent
- Once the parent is verified we collect a profile image and last name
- User-Generated Content such as comments and images
Personal data we collect from parents when we seek full verifiable parental consent for the child’s use of the app:
- First name
- Last name
We may use your personal information and other information collected from you for the following purposes:
- Provide the services to you and improve the quality of the site and services.
- Keep you informed with newsletters, RSS feeds, or other communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive.
- Provide guidance to you so that you may use the site and services more effectively.
- Create, manage and control your account information and to verify access rights to services and software.
- Bill your account.
- Communicate with you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the services, or of the availability of any service we provide,
- Assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different service options,
- Inform you about products or services that may be of interest to you, either from us or third parties.
- Respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties.
- Cooperate with legal, criminal or regulatory investigations or proceedings.
- Respond to your requests for customer service.
Protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, our users and the public; and as required or authorized by law.
- We may occasionally communicate with you regarding our products, services, news and events. You have the option to not receive marketing emails from us. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose, if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your account (such as confirmation emails), planned Services suspensions and outages. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
Every time a child submits contributions to Kidduz, a parent/legal guardian will receive a notification where he/she will be informed of the contribution submitted to the app. He/she will have access to the child’s friends list and account and will be able to delete contributions, content or contacts.
Parents can request closure of an account, review their child’s information and have all personal data deleted at any time by contacting us here: Support@kidduz.com
Third-Party Service Providers used in our App:
We work with the following third parties in our app for children and teens. These third parties are used to support the operation of the app and improve the experience and do not share user data with any other third parties.
We work with both Google & Facebook Analytics software for Firebase to better understand your use of the app and to improve your experience.
There is no advertising on our app.
There are no links out of our app.
All user interaction on Kidduz is fully moderated. In addition to AI tools, Kidduz employs professional moderators to oversee posting and communication by users.
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to maintain your account. If you close your account we delete your personal data from our records within 14 days. If you fail to verify the account we delete all personal data within 90 days.
Personal Information we collect on our Corporate and Information Website for Parents:
We collect an email address if you submit a request through our customer service portal. If you choose to provide us with personal information through such methods we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information or services you have requested.
We collect this information only to provide technical support and we do not share it with any other third parties.
Our website allows you to share to social media.
Kidduz will use aggregated statistics or any other resources on the data in order to assess how Kidduz is used and to improve its functionality and performance.
Kidduz takes the security of personal data very seriously and employs security technology, including firewalls, to safeguard information. Kidduz has procedures in place to ensure that our systems are protected against unauthorized access.
We use the information to help to verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on Kidduz, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Disclosure of Information
Kidduz may disclose information about you or your child, in a manner that is not aggregated or anonymous, if we believe it is legally necessary to do so, for example:
- in response to a court order or civil subpoena, or to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Kidduz to legal liability;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers and website users will be one of the transferred assets.
Kidduz, 855 Maude Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Notice to California Residents